Monday, March 9, 2020

Orthognathic double jaw surgery and natural V line experience, ID Hospital, Korea

Before surgery

My name is Marie, and I'm from USA. When I started doing my research about two jaw surgery I came across youtube videos of "Let me in" and the results and hope they gave those people are amazing! This was about 10 years ago and ever since then I told myself one day I will have my surgery at ID.

Consultation
The hospital is huge but they have a well-organized system. Everyone was professional and welcoming. I had a translator with me the whole time and the same translator were helping me throughout my journey which was nice.
I met my doctor, Dr. Lee Seok Jae a board-certified maxillofacial surgeon, I was really nervous because I was expecting the doctors there to be too serious. However, I kept a smile on my face and asked my questions politely. Dr. Lee was very nice, very professional and he is the type of doctor that knows exactly what he is talking about, he makes sense. What I also liked about him is that he was very honest and straight to the point. At first, I was wanting more surgery but he recommended not to do all of those surgeries at once for my safety. He gained my trust during my consultation because all of my concerns and questions were answered and he explained what type of procedure and how he is going to approach my case. I told him how I wanted my jaw to look like for Vline and told him I want it to look natural and not too pointy.

Presurgery
I had all the testings done (Xray and CT Scan, Cardiography, and Blood work). My before pictures were taken. Then I went to ID's Dental Floor to take impressions of my teeth for the wafer (kind of like retainer that they will use during the surgery to correct my bite, I would wear it as well until I get my braces).

After surgery

Surgery started at 10 am and I was awake at 1:30-2:00, I was transferred to the ward and stayed in the hospital for two nights. The nurses were so prompt and efficient in changing my ice pack and whenever I hit the call light button they were there right away. The doctor came to visit me just to check how I was doing. Nurses continued to monitor me until I can walk on my own. I was good at changing my ice pack and walking around the ward.



On the discharge day the doctor came in to check me before discharge and then the nurse explained where to get my prescriptions. They also gave me a care packet with skincare and mask that will help for deswelling. my compression band and extra ice pack to take home. I was using icepack for 4 days and then warm pack after will help a lot with the swelling. I made sure that I change my ice packs consistently to prevent swelling then my 5th day I was doing warm packs to help minimize the swelling. 5th day and 6th day was peak swelling for me.


Honestly, I did not feel any pain since surgery day except for the day they removed the stitches and the first time I had to replace my own elastic band stings.


Overall, my experience at ID Hospital and everyone that helped me were outstanding. I think they went over and beyond what I expected. It was a truly memorable experience for me and I will forever remember my life-changing experience with them. Here I am now after the surgery and I couldn't be more happier and satisfied with my face and smile. It is the best decision I have made for myself.



If you have any questions, please contact us online via our channels.
We are happy to assist you, and our consultation is always free of charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment